- Special Purpose Credit Programs (SPCPs) are made available by the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
- Building more affordable housing is important, but much more must be done to advance credit equity.
- Our markets are structurally unfair and we need intentionality to effectively address the racial wealth and homeownership gaps.
- SPCPs are an important tool in expanding fair access to credit, particularly for consumers and communities impacted by discrimination.
- SPCPs fulfill the letter and spirit of our nation’s fair housing and lending laws.
Click here to read more.